Creating a truly elegant, unforgettable wedding is a dream and goal for almost every bride, and is the result of a clear vision and expert planning. An ideal wedding day can be as perfectly choreographed as a soul-stirring dance, and that takes time, thought, and a long string of decisions. The key is to design your dream day in the planning phase so that, on the day itself, you can just enjoy every moment and every guest.
Here are some of our best tips for designing an unforgettable wedding, learned over our decades of experience and gathered wedding wisdom.
- Decide what is important to you – what you value most will shape the direction of your wedding, so start with what you want and what you cherish. Deciding how you want to involve (or not involve) family, faith, and food seems to be the best place to start.
- Find the Dress – you can’t control when and where you find THE dress, but the sooner you do, the better. It gives clarity and joy to every other decision, so make this an early priority in the planning process.
- Personalize – your wedding is YOUR wedding. You want to look back on your day and feel that it fit you and your spouse as perfectly as your dress. The more you personalize, the more this will be the case.
- Consider your guests - these are the people who know you best, the ones who are there to celebrate the love you and your spouse have for each other. They also are people who want to have a good time while doing so. It’s your day, but they’re your guests, so don’t forget to factor in their experience while you’re focused on creating yours.
- Hire Superior Service – speaking of considering your guests, no single factor has greater impact on their experience of your wedding than the quality of service they receive. Regardless of how elaborate or simple your day is, superior service will define the experience for them. It will also make you feel proud, and give you less to worry about. Simply put: do not skimp on the service.
- Think Event, not just Wedding – truly unforgettable weddings are Events, and Events require the special magic of experts who know how to produce the perfect moments and perfect memories. There is an inherent theatricality to the most memorable weddings, so don’t be shy when it comes to the production elements. Venue, service, music, design, lighting, food, beverage, and timing are creative opportunities in the hands of a truly expert event designer.
The wedding you dream of can happen, but it doesn’t just happen. Once you start thinking about how to put your vision into action, you’ll begin to see the creation of a truly unforgettable wedding.